My papercraft and card making projects

Sunday 23 November 2014

special day

 
this IS a special day!!
 
this is my first card showing Sue Wilson's new die releases - the new Gemini dies.
 
They are really clever and unique in that the outer 'edge' is split into two dies so that the shape can be cut out totally, or either edge.
 
here it is used using alternate sides of the same die.
 
In Sue's original design she used some stunning ribbon with a two-tone effect.  I used some silky crush ribbon spliced lengthways and ran a dark green alcohol pen along the edges of it.
 
I've been a bit absent from blogging -- I overdid the Xmas cards and got a bit fed up with it so I have had a little break!
 
Sue's new dies are absolutely stunning!!  I have ordered a few already and hopefully I will complete my [slightly obsessive] collection soon!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tony, this is a really beautiful card. I like the effect of the die-cut tiers, the super colour combination and the gorgeous ribbon bow. I think we can all get a bit jaded after too much crafting and a break does no harm - clearly :) Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete

thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.
they are all most gratefully received.
i love to read them!!
xx tony